Sunday, January 3, 2010

New year resolution 1

I will be adopting a “mini-fast exercise” protocol for fat loss as been published in peer-reviewed journal. The fat loss is on average 0.5kg per week with no loss of muscle!! It fact, it gains some muscle!!.The general feature is that during every 24 h, there is a 12–14 h fast within which is nested a session of prolonged, moderate-intensity aerobic exercise. Meals are not calorically restricted, but foods that are low in both fat and glycemic index are recommended. If participants choose to exercise in the morning, they skip breakfast and do not eat until noon. If they choose to exercise at noon, they skip lunch. If they choose to exercise in the evening, they eat an early light dinner, and then wait at least two hours to exercise (so that fasting insulin levels are restored); no food is consumed between the exercise and bedtime.

Here is the clinical study result. It is amazing!! I wonder the result will be valid for people who have lower fat to start with.



So I will be having no dinner and not even protein powder and fruit juice. I would need a low GI (less than 51) and high fiber breakfast. What it would be?

No watermelon, no white rice (GI=90!!) and anything that are made from white flour. Also I dug out some of the GI of Malaysian food. In fact Milo has a low GI and can be continuous to be consumed.

High intensity interval training.

First week of training:

5min warming up

30s run with all my power, 2min 30s normal pace for 8 cycles

5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26min

I tried it today. I could only do 5 cycles. It is extremely intense. I think I need to build up slowly. Would use high intensity interval training when I am not doing the “mini-fast”. Will couple it when I am doing weight lifting.

My 12 weeks program

During the “mini-fast”, I run at moderate intensity of any aerobic exercise for 45min with crunches of 300 times and trunk twisting exercises for 30min. 4 times per week

During the weight lifting, I will weight-lift with of selected target muscles group for 1hour and high intensity interval training for 30min. 3 times per week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

take your time. your body need to used to the change.
once your body used to the new change, you will easily loose the weight but of course, you need strong determination :)